SPECIAL ORDER ~ ADAPTIL Pheromone Collar
$85.00 RRP: $120.00
The Adaptil Collar is easy to use and convenient as it releases the dog appeasing pheromone constantly (even when the dog is outside). The dog’s body temperature and close contact warm the collar and encourages the diffusion of pheromones into the local environment. It is essential the Adaptil Collar is in close contact with the dog’s skin at all times.
Adaptil Collar is ideal for:
- Puppy socialization
- Travelling (for dogs travelling often or for long journeys and/or going to new destinations such as on holiday, moving home etc.)
- Loud noises (thunderstorms or fireworks), especially for dogs living mostly outdoors and who cannot be kept home during such events
- Staying home alone (especially for outdoor dogs).
Two sizes of adjustable collars are available:
- puppy/small dogs (fits neck up to 45cm)
- medium/large dogs (fits neck up to 70cm).
Each collar lasts up to 4 weeks and can be replaced as required.
How do I fit an ADAPTIL® collar?
- Place a finger in the plastic loop situated in the inside of the collar close to the buckle
- Using this loop pull the thin plastic to uncoil the collar
- Fasten the collar
- Place over your dogs head to tie loosely around the neck
- Tighten the collar to fit snugly with your dog’s skin
- You should be able to place no more than 2 fingers between collar and dog’s skin
- Ensure the collar is fixed inside the buckle
- Cut off the excess portion of the collar
Note regarding puppies: as the puppy grows, it’s important to regularly adjust the fit of the collar to make sure it’s not too tight.
The Adaptil Collar is proven to work on all breeds of dog, as long as it is fitted correctly.
The appeasing pheromone is released almost immediately. The Collar will not work when it is wet, but diffuses again as soon as it’s dry.
If your dog wears another collar, it is important to ensure the Adaptil Collar stays in contact with the skin. Please note the Adaptil collar cannot be used to attach a leash.
Do not use the collar on dogs with extensive skin lesions.
Do not open the protective pouch until the product is ready for use.